McCarter Community Club Rules and Regulations
The following rules and regulations are for the protection and benefit of all members. These rules have been established to ensure safe and sanitary operation of club facilities. Parents are responsible for their children knowing, understanding and adhering to all rules, and obeying instructions of the lifeguards. Failure to comply with club rules may cause immediate suspension of club privileges or cancellation of club membership, in accordance with the procedure set forth in the by-laws of the club.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
1. No pets are allowed in the pool area.
2. No one with a communicable disease is allowed in the pool.
3. No one under 12 years of age can be left alone at the pool. All children younger than 11 years must be supervised by someone at least 16 years of age. Children aged 9 to 12 may swim under the
supervision of the lifeguard staff, if they have passed a swimming test, and a waiver of liability has been signed by their parent or guardian.
4. Lifeguards may require swimmers to demonstrate their swimming ability prior to allowing them to swim in the deep end of the pool.
5. Lifeguards have the authority to deny admittance to the pool, if the pool becomes overcrowded.
6. During electrical storms, the pool will be evacuated by the lifeguard staff.
7. All persons using the pool do so at their own risk, and the club assumes no responsibility for injury or damages from use.
8. All injuries, no matter how slight, must be reported immediately to the lifeguard on duty.
1. No one under 18 allowed in pool during adult swim. Waiting on the top pool step only is allowed. Exception: children 4 or younger whose parents hold onto them the entire time can be in the main pool during adult swim.
2. No running in the pool area.
3. No pushing, shoving or any other type of roughness or misbehavior on the club premises.
4. No profanity on the club premises.
5. No smoking on the pool deck area.
6. Acceptability of objects for play in the pool shall be determined by the lifeguard staff.
7. No bottles, glasses, or other breakable or dangerous objects on the club premises.
8. No alcoholic beverages in the recreation area during regular hours or swim meets. BYOB is permitted at adult-only events (fund raisers, etc.) as long as attendees have advance notice. BYOB is permitted, at host’s discretion, at private events after regular pool hours.
9. Pick up and throw away your own trash.
10. ALWAYS OBEY THE LIFEGUARD.
The pool is available after 8:00 p.m.(6pm Sunday) to member families for party rental, except during planned club event dates or dates not available by the Board. An adult must sign a waiver of liability and acknowledgement of responsibility and provide supervisors. The renting member must hire a lifeguard approved by the pool management company and according to their pricing and safety requirements. Club rental fee is S75.OO. The maximum number of guests is 75.
Extended Swim privileges are available to adults, 21 years of age or older, at an additional charge. Members must complete an application and sign a waiver before taking advantage of Extended Swim privileges. The following additional rules apply:
1. Extended Swim hours: Adults only, 6:30 am – 11 am; Family Swim, 7 pm – 11pm.*
2. Members swim at their own risk.
3. Swimmers must sign in upon arrival.
4. No guests allowed. Only immediate household members listed on the Extended Swim application are granted Extended Swim privileges.
5. No one under 21 is allowed at the pool, unless accompanied by parent or guardian.
6. Extended Swim privileges may be superseded by private parties.
7. No alcohol allowed during Extended Swim.
8. Please turn off deck and/or pool lights before leaving.
9. Privileges are granted for the current season only.
10. Members agree to abide by all McCarter Community Club, Inc. rules.
11. Violation of these rules may result in loss of Extended Swim privileges.
MEMBERS AND GUESTS
1. The use of club facilities is restricted to members, the immediate family that resides in their home, guests and sitters for children of members whose parents are not present. All other persons will be asked to leave.
2. Guests must be signed in by a member upon entering and pay the $3.00 guest fee per guest.
3. Residents of Greenville County, who are not members, may attend as guests of members, when they are accompanied by a member. They may attend a maximum of five times per year.
4. Persons who reside outside of Greenville County may attend as guests, in the company of a member, on an occasional basis, free of charge. House guests may attend with a member free of charge.
1. Play is restricted to club members and their guests.
2. No bicycles, mini-bikes, skateboards, in-line skates, scooters, etc., are allowed on the courts.
3. Keep the courts clean. Please pick up and throwaway any litter you find.
4. Adults have priority over children for use of the courts, except when children are playing tennis with an adult.
5. Do not hang or lean on the tennis nets.
6. One hour play limit if others are waiting to play.
7. Tennis has priority over other activities; no other activity is allowed on courts while tennis is being played.
8. No food is allowed on the courts.
Comments, suggestions, and help are always welcome. Your Board Members